"My home page shows only half of me."
Metaprogramming in Oberon. Abstract
A Selection of Recent projects:
- Cooperation in a project to extend SPARC-Oberon to support shared-memory
- An Oberon to C translator named Ofront.
This translator supports the full Oberon-2 language, supports dynamic loading
of modules, commands, GC, V4 and System 3 for most Unixes and much more.
Here is an evaluation
version and more info for downloading via ftp.
- Publication of the Oberon-CD
together with Addison Wesley Germany. This CD is already available as a
- An article about Oberon System 3 for a special issue of Dr. Dobbs journal.
- The first international Oberon
programming contest together with Addison Wesley Germany and ETH Zurich.
- A book on compiler
construction written by Prof N. Wirth. The typesetting has been done
in Oberon. Some system extensions and bug fixes were necessary. Thanks
to Markus Hof for his suppport.
- A Java just-in-time compiler for a RISC architecture. To the best of
my knowledge, this was the very first such compiler for a RISC. The performance
boost for compiled methods is significant, however, the runtime routines
in the original Sun JVM are not optimized for speed but for time-to-market.
- An article about Java-Security for the german Unix journal iX.
- A Java lecture at the University
- A prototyping project where I use Oberon/F as a database front
- A Java Seminar for IBM Austria
- An integrated office information and book keeping system using Oberon/F