This page is no longer maintained. Please visit www.manuelrigger.at instead.
- Run-time Detection of Bugs in C
- Low-Level Software Security
- Programming Language Implementation
- (Native) Sulong: Efficient Execution of LLVM IR on the JVM
- Safe Sulong: Memory-safe Execution of LLVM IR on the JVM
Rigger, M.; Mayrhofer, R.; Schatz, R.; Grimmer, M.; Mössenböck, H.:
Introspection for C and its Applications to Library Robustness
The Art, Science, and Engineering of Programming, 2018, Vol. 2, Issue 2.
Rigger, M.; Marr, S.; Kell, S.; Leopoldseder, D.; Mössenböck, H.:
An Analysis of x86-64 Inline Assembly in C Programs (Acceptance rate: 32%)
Proceedings of the 13th ACM SIGPLAN/SIGOPS International Conference on Virtual Execution Environments (VEE '18), Williamsburg, VA, USA, March 25, 2018 (accepted for publication).
Rigger, M.; Schatz, R.; Mayrhofer, R.; Grimmer, M.; Mössenböck, H.:
Sulong, and Thanks For All the Bugs: Finding Errors in C Programs by Abstracting from the Native Execution Model (Acceptance rate: 18%)
Proceedings of the Twenty-Third International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems (ASPLOS '18), Williamsburg, VA, USA, March 24 - 28, 2018 (accepted for publication).
Rigger, M.; Schatz, R.; Grimmer, M.; Mössenböck, H.:
Lenient Execution of C on a Java Virtual Machine (Acceptance rate: 45%)
14th International Conference on Managed Languages & Runtimes (ManLang, formerly PPPJ), Prague, Czech Republic, Sept. 27 - 29, 2017.
Grimmer, M.; Rigger, M.; Schatz, R.; Stadler, L.; Mössenböck, H.:
TruffleC: Dynamic Execution of C on a Java Virtual Machine.
Intl. Conf. on Principles and Practice of Programming on the Java Platform (PPPJ'14), September 23-26, 2014, Cracow, Poland, pp.17-26.
Grimmer, M., Rigger, M., Stadler, L., Schatz, R., Mössenböck, H.:
An Efficient Native Function Interface for Java.
Intl. Conf. on Principles and Practice of Programming on the Java Platform (PPPJ'13), Stuttgart, Germany, September 11-13, 2013, pp.35-44.
Full Workshop Papers
Sandboxed Execution of C and Other Unsafe Languages on the Java Virtual Machine.
Extended abstract, ACM Student Research Competition at the Intl. Conf. on the Art, Science, and Engineering of Programming (<Programming> 2018), April 9-12, Nice, France.
Rigger, M.; Schatz, R.; Kreindl, J.; Häubl, C.; Mössenböck, H.:
Sulong, and Thanks for All the Fish.
Extended abstract, Workshop on Modern Language Runtimes, Ecosystems, and VMs (MoreVMs'18), April 9-12, 2018, Nice, France (accepted for publication).
Sulong: Memory Safe and Efficient Execution of LLVM-Based Languages
ECOOP 2016 Doctoral Symposium, July 18, 2016, Rome, Italy
Rigger, M.; Grimmer, M.; Mössenböck, H.:
Sulong - Execution of LLVM-Based Languages on the JVM
Vision paper, Int. Workshop on Implementation, Compilation, Optimization of Object-Oriented Languages, Programs and Systems (ICOOOLPS'16), July 18, 2016, Rome, Italy.
- ACM Student Research Competition Winner at Programming'18 in the graduate category
Supervised Master's Theses
Supervised Bachelor's Theses
- A Test Case Reducer for Java Bytecode - Sebastian Kloibhofer (in progress)
- A Random Test Case Generator for Java Bytecode - Florian Aufreiter (in progress)
- Implementation of a Java Framework for Generating LLVM IR Test Cases - Thomas Pointhuber (in progress)
- Execution of Rust Programs on Sulong - Arif Celik (in progress)
- Implementing Inline Assembly Support for Sulong - Daniel Pekarek
- A Bytecode Interpreter for Lambdas and Streams in Java - Mario Kahlhofer